- Identify key legislative and regulatory proposals in Lansing to educate MICHauto investors and inform potential action via the Chamber’s Government Relations team.
- Identify and develop means by which Michigan’s automotive and mobility industry can collectively increase its voice in Lansing, keeping state government officials informed of industry priorities and improving dialogue between them.
- Increase collaboration with other automotive and mobility advocacy organizations, including Motor and Equipment Manufacturers Association (MEMA) and Alliance of Automobile Manufacturers (AAM).
- Assist in planning and participating in MICHauto events that target legislative attendance.
- Help grow MICHauto by recommending prospective investors and committee members.
THE ADVOCACY COMMITTEE WORKS TO INCREASE COMMUNICATION AND FAMILIARITY BETWEEN MICHIGAN’S AUTOMOTIVE AND MOBILITY INDUSTRY STAKEHOLDERS AND GOVERNMENT LEADERS.
The committee works to educate automotive and mobility organizations in Michigan on state-based policy issues and the importance of voicing their concerns at the state level.
The Advocacy Committee does not engage in direct “lobbying” activities. If a proactive lobbying effort is warranted, MICHauto engages the Detroit Regional Chamber’s Government Relations team. Participation is limited to current MICHauto partners.
- Maintain MICHauto investment
- Regularly attend quarterly committee meetings
Advocate for our signature industry.
MICHauto engages all levels of government in support of policies to maintain Michigan’s global automotive and mobility leadership.See Our Legislative Priorities