Glenn Stevens Jr. is the executive director of MICHauto and serves as the Detroit Regional Chamber’s vice president of automotive and mobility initiatives. In his role, Stevens provides strategic direction and leadership to MICHauto in its role as the statewide industry association to promote, grow, and retain Michigan’s automotive and next-generation mobility industries. MICHauto is focused on developing the state’s automotive and mobility industry in the key areas of talent, advocacy, awareness, startup innovation, and next-generation mobility and the digital economy. His responsibilities are also centered on strategic fundraising in conjunction with investor engagement and retention.
Stevens has more than 30 years of management, strategy, and operations experience across the automotive, steel, specialty chemicals, and capital equipment industries. For the past 14 years his career has been focused on serving membership-based organizations, communities, and economic development across Michigan.
Prior to joining the Chamber to build MICHauto, Stevens served as senior vice president of Membership and Sales with the Original Equipment Suppliers Association, where he was responsible for membership growth and retention, strategic partnerships, and automotive industry development with states across the nation. Additionally, his previous experience includes leadership positions with Blue Water Automotive Systems, Kolene Corp., and National Steel Corp.
Stevens is also involved in:
- Board of Team 1 Plastics
- Board of the Michigan Humanities Council, Appointed by Governor Rick Snyder
- Co-Founder, CEO Coalition for Change
- MSU Mobility Advisory Council
- Northern Michigan University Cybersecurity Industry Advisory Committee
- Board of the Michigan Institute for Energy Innovation
- Advisory Board for the Center for Automotive Diversity and Inclusion Advancement
- Board of the Michigan State University Broad Executive Forum
- Executive Planning Committee for the FIRST Robotics Championships
- Co-Founder Detroit Mobility Coalition
Stevens is a native of Marquette, located in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula. He earned a bachelor’s
degree in economics and an Executive MBA from Michigan State University