Understanding that public perception is the key to building a healthy talent pipeline to support the industry’s continued evolution and growth, the MICHauto Talent and Awareness Committee works to engage companies and organizations around workforce-related issues as well as develop strategic approaches to attracting and retaining high-tech talent.
- Develop solutions to high-tech talent pipeline needs exploring options including immigration, veteran programs, skilled labor, and other educational programs
- Promote the state’s automotive, mobility, and technology assets to automotive companies and site selectors
- Improve outdated public perception of Michigan’s automotive and mobility industry
- Make recommendations of speakers and presenters for participation MICHauto events.
- Help grow MICHauto by recommending prospective investors and committee members.
Participation is limited to current MICHauto investors.
Each MICHauto investor company is allotted two committee seats, with a maximum of one representative from each of the following areas:
- Human Resources, recruiting, and talent
- Marketing, communications, and public relations
- This committee includes two working groups:
- Talent Pipeline Engagement: This working group is most relevant to the committee members working in HR and recruiting. Together the group will identify future high-tech talent pipeline needs for the industry and determine how MICHauto investors can make a meaningful impact through projects that include the Discover Auto program.
- Industry Awareness: This working group will utilize the communications and marketing committee members to work on the development and rollout of a social media marketing campaign to raise awareness of the opportunities for career development in the automotive and mobility industry in Michigan.
Let’s build Michigan’s automotive and mobility future together.
Join the only statewide cluster association that is promoting, retaining, and growing our signature industry.Invest