Attracting and retaining high-tech talent to support the ever-evolving needs of the automotive and mobility industry is one of MICHauto’s key focus areas. It strives to accomplish this goal by:
- Engaging businesses to gain an understanding of what their talent needs are.
- Developing and implementing initiatives with education, industry, and government leaders that meet these needs.
- Promoting and connecting career opportunities in the industry with potential talent.
- Working with Let’s Detroit, a program to attract and retain young talent in the region, increase graduates in Southeast Michigan, and cultivate an innovative, engaged, and culture-focused business community.
- Supporting the Detroit Drives Degrees Community College Collaborative, a cross-sector initiative that elevates the role of community colleges in improving the region’s talent pipeline.