Michigan’s mobility industry leadership remains strong from design to consumer.
- 26 original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) located in Michigan
- 98 of the 100 top automotive suppliers to North America have a presence in Michigan, with 65 headquartered here
- #1 state for vehicle production, producing over 1 million more vehicles in 2022 than the next highest state
Leading the Electric Future
Michigan is heart of the mobility industry’s electrification.
- #1 in the nation for electric vehicle (EV)- and battery-related announced investment by OEMs and suppliers since 2018, at $20B
- #1 for business-funded automotive and mobility research and development
- 89% increase in EV charging stations since 2018
Talent and Education
The mobility industry’s high-tech workforce relies on skilled, credentialed, and engaged professionals.
- #1 in the nation for automotive manufacturing jobs, 6x higher than the national average
- 50.5% of working-age adults earned credentials of value beyond high school, ranking 37th among states
- 60.9% labor force participation rate, ranking 39th among states
Testing and Deployment Landscape
Michigan’s robust ecosystem of mobility-related assets and deployments is unrivaled.
- 300+ assets that are active contributors to the automobility industry
- 55+ public and private deployment partnerships
- #1 for operational U.S. Department of Transportation-funded connected vehicle deployment with 16 projects