As part of its talent attraction efforts, MICHauto has partnered with Square One Education Network and Project Lead the Way to identify and engage high school students within the Detroit Region and the state. Through in-person and virtual career exploration of automotive and mobility companies and presentations by industry experts, Discover Auto tours will educate students on the industry, its technology, and promote diverse career options.
- An hour-long presentation from the participating company, concluding with a live Q&A.
- Presenting company engages students to showcase their careers and the equipment or technology they use or create.
- MICHauto coordinates with host companies on programming, logistics, and presentation preparation.
- Square One and Project Lead the Way will share event information, along with a pre- and post-event surveys, with their network of teachers and students.
- Two- to three-hour tour that will include a brief classroom-style introduction followed by an interactive tour of the host company’s facility.
- The students are provided with technology and/or testing equipment demonstrations and are encouraged to engage with industry leaders throughout the day.
- MICHauto covers the cost of transportation to and from the host company facility.
- MICHauto will share event information, along with a pre- and post-event surveys, with the class.
“HELLA was honored to have the opportunity to host MICHauto and Livonia Churchill. The students were excited to learn more about the industry and some of the different opportunities that HELLA has to offer. Before they left, the students were full of questions and smiles. We are looking forward to working with MICHauto in the future for another Discover Auto tour.”
“The tour taught me that there is a lot more to the automotive industry than the messy factory jobs.”
“It changed my perception because before I had not know the vast opportunities that exist in the automotive industry.”
“I never realized the prevalence of computer science and programming in vehicles.”
Interested in hosting or attending a Discover Auto program? Contact Carly Grace at email@example.com.
Help students discover exciting careers in the automotive and mobility industry.
You can build the high-tech workforce of the future by hosting a Discover Auto tour.Learn More